Sunday, July 26, 2015

Creamy Italian Dressing

I love ranch dressing... we established that already... but the longer I have been Paleo the less I have used the creamy dressings and other condiments in my day to day life. I still love salad dressings though and a quick vinaigrette is always tasty. This recipe is easily changed to highlight different flavors by exchanging vinegars, oils or herbs but this is a basic Italian inspired version. It isn't completely necessary to use the immersion blender but I really enjoy the slightly emulsified version that results when an immersion blender is used instead of just shaking it up. The longer the dressing sits the stronger the flavors will get. This means that if you don't really like garlic or another spice lessen it at the beginning and don't over-do spices as you experiment with new flavors. 

INGREDIENTS:
1 C vinegar (apple cider, wine, rice, etc... I prefer white as it is closer to a classic bottled Italian dressing as it is a fairly mild vinegar)
1.5 C olive oil or other oil (I use EVOO- extra virgin olive oil)
3 Tbsp water
Tbsp garlic powder
Tbsp onion powder
1/2 Tbsp honey
Tbsp dried oregano
1 tsp ground black pepper
1/2 
tsp dried thyme
tsp dried basil
Tbsp dried parsley
Tbsp salt

PROCEDURE:
1. Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl.

2. Use immersion/stick blender to combine the ingredients. Mix for about a minute.

3. Pour into airtight containers.


*You might have to shake the bottle before using it again to recombine as it can settle.

What kind of vinaigrette dressings do you use in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Refresh/New Location

Hey guys! I've moved my blog over to Weebly for a restart (everything here is already moved over there!) and to expand the possibiliti...