Friday, September 11, 2015

6 Pack Bags Expedition 500 VS Isolator Fitness Isopack, Part Three: The Comparison


It was a difficult decision but I eventually settled on keeping the Isopack rather than the Expedition 500. Both bags seem very well made and quite useful. They also have many of the same features as they are meant to satisfy the same customer needs so it really all comes down to what you are needing in the particulars. For instance, if you are more concerned with branding then you may go with the Expedition as it is by a more well known/popular brand. If you are looking for a lot of space or need depth in the main compartment like I do then you will likely chose the Isobag as it's main compartment is deeper and a bit more roomy than the Expedition. If you are looking for a bag that comes with all the extras then you may want to go with the Expedition. Should you need to keep your meals cool for 12 hours or longer then you will likely go with the Isopack... its all about priorities. I made my choice because I loved the following about the Isopack:
  • lighter bag
  • meal area was open and held slightly more
  • ice packs were not gel and had a longer chill time
  • less compartmentalization of the pockets meant there was more storage space
  • easily replaced containers OR I could use my own
  • roomier main compartment that can store more
Things I liked better about the Expedition:
  • SureLock containers
  • included drawstring bag and supplement container (and in some cases shaker bottle)
  • shorter bag (I'm short... enough said) 
  • meal area did not collapse when empty
  • very nice padding on the back and straps
  • labels (I know I said I liked the lack of compartmentalization but the organizer fiend in me loves those labels nevertheless!)

I wanted to offer a quick comparison chart between the two bags as the last piece of this series. If you have any questions about the bags just let me know and I will do my best to answer them!



Isobag Expedition 500
Dimensions 14 in x 10 in x 21 in 12 in x 12 in x 20 in
Weight 5 lbs 9 lbs
Supplement Container Not Included Included
Drawstring Bag Not Included Included
Chest Strap Included Included
Meal Area 12x8x6 in., holds 4-38/28 oz or 6-16 oz/12 oz removable rack, hold 5 SureLock containers
Meal Area Opens two openings on the sides one opening on the front
Meal Area Stability partially collapses when empty does not collapse when empty
Containers 2- 12 oz,2- 16 oz,2- 28 oz, 2- 38 oz 5 SureLock containers
Ice Packs 2 large Isobricks 2 small gel ice packs and one large gel ice pack
Chill Time 12-16 hours 8+ hours
Water Bottle Storage 2 mesh side pockets 2 zip closed pockets
Padded Back Good Best
Laptop Area lined, will fit 17" laptop and tablet lined, will fit 17" laptop and tablet
Storage Pockets unlabeled, non-item specific labeled, item specific
Main Compartment largest, no divisions large but divided by meal compartment

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Refresh/New Location

Hey guys! I've moved my blog over to Weebly for a restart (everything here is already moved over there!) and to expand the possibiliti...