Saturday, September 5, 2015

Office Hygiene and Emergency Kit

Everyone should have an Emergency as well as Hygiene Kit either in their car or at the office. I have been assembling mine by trial and error for the past few years so thought I would save you guys the trouble and let you know what I've found works the best. This can all fit in a smaller zip container I picked up for a few dollars down town but I have seen things like this in Walmart as well as the Dollar Tree occasionally. My container measures approximately 7x7x5 (inches) and is soft sided and washable.




I have: 
    • first aid kit: I have paired this down drastically since where I currently work has on-site emergency kits so I now only have some band-aids, antibiotic ointment and antiseptic pads. You can pick up a small one at most general stores and pharmacies for fairly cheap.
    • deodorant: mine is currently a bottle of natural deodorant that I don't use any longer since I make my own at home... I just added the half empty bottle when I switched so it didn't cost me anything! They have travel sized versions of most name brand deodorants if you are using regular deodorant in the travel or hygiene section of most stores.
    • lotion (with mint oil): this is my homemade body butter in a small container but most lotions will work. I added mint to help with cooling me down after my afternoon lunchtime walk. I also really like the scent of mint so it works for me pretty much all the time. When I am running low i just take the container home and refill it (same with everything else in my bag) then replace it in the bag the next day.
    • brush: enough said... perhaps a comb if you don't have thick and/or long hair would suffice.
    • toothbrush and toothpaste: easily picked up in the travel section of any store.
    • feminine hygiene needs: you know what your personal needs are...
    • extra contacts/glasses/etc. plus anything you need to use with them such as a case, contact solution, eye drops, etc.
    • general medications: I have allergy pills, Pepto Bismol (or similar) pills to help with IBS flairs, anti-inflamatory/pain meds (non-perscription version), cold medication (I have to use Coricidin personally and often that can be a little more troublesome to find), Emetrol (OTC medication for nausea) and a nasal spray for my allergies. My prescription medications and daily medications are kept in my medical bag that goes with me everywhere and checked weekly for refill needs. This is only for items that if someone were to take I wouldn't need to worry about it.
    • tissues and cleansing wipes: I am changing over to an anti-microbial microfiber towel for after my afternoon walks but if you are just doing for emergencies then a travel pack of baby wipes will work. If you think you will need some baby powder or dry shampoo toss a travel bottle of that in as well. Some people keep a Tide stick or similar for spills on their attire but I am not using chemicals on my clothing and haven't found a replacement for this yet... let me know if you have please!
    • lip chap/chap stick: A/C cooled rooms can very quickly dry out your skin and lips.
    • touch-up make-up kit if you wear make-up: I usually don't wear make-up but occasionally I do or have an important meeting after lunch that I need to make sure I look especially nice for in my current line of work so I keep a minimal amount of make-up in my kit for these occasions.
    • any odds and ends you find yourself using regularly or wishing you had: I also have a small make-up/travel pot of aloe vera gel and some chafing relief gel since I do walk outside on lunches when I can and a bit of a burn or a clothing malfunction that causes a chafe can ruin a day really quick. There is also a small bottle of 'bug spray' and scent freshener in my bag for that same reason. I'd rather be prepared than not!
    Here is my 'personal' office drawer... the kit I just discussed, some munchies that I have talked about in previous posts (nuts, seeds, whole fruit, and a protein bar (this one does have some things that I usually avoid but its my emergency stash and was the best option at the store currently), my coffee mug (for tea... I do not like coffee), extra plastic-ware (just in case), Bible study material, and one light weight dumbbell. I will likely be getting another pair of running shoes soon so that I don't have to cart them back and forth every day but I am waiting for a coupon I know is coming before that purchase so it won't be for another month most likely. If I do then they will go in this drawer as well along with some deodorizing/sanitizing shoe balls that I have in my dance bag currently... so that my office doesn't end up smelling. This is very important.


    Well, that's it for today guys... what do you have in your emergency office kit/personal drawer at the office? 



    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Blog Refresh/New Location

    Hey guys! I've moved my blog over to Weebly for a restart (everything here is already moved over there!) and to expand the possibiliti...