Sunday, September 13, 2015

Review: LevelOne Collapsible Travel Silicone Camping Cup

I've become so accustomed to home and work being within minutes of each other that I am still getting used to being as over-prepared as I once was for medical issues that might arise. One of the things that I used to keep in my car was an extra water bottle and Gatorade powder. I don't usually drink Gatorade anymore like I have mentioned in a previous post but I still need to keep electrolyte drinks on hand for emergencies. To this end it seemed that I needed a collapsible cup or fold-able water bottle to mix up my electrolyte drink powder in that could fit in my med kit. I could of course just use my water bottle but I like to retain that as pure water due to the bite valve and straw mechanism being a little more difficult to get completely clean at times. I ended up deciding against a foldable water bottle as it would be more difficult to clean as well so I started searching for a cup that would fit my needs. 
The cup I ended up getting held 16 oz, was made of food grade silicone, and had a lid. It is called the LevelOne Collapsible Travel Silicone Camping Cup. The lid was a selling point because i wouldn't need a spoon or straw to mix up the drink, just cover the hole and agitate the cup until it is mixed. The fact that it held a full 2 cups of fluid was important as well since a lot of collapsible cups are much smaller... this means that the drink would end up being thick which is not something I can handle if feeling ill already typically (nausea is one of the first symptoms once my heart rate and blood pressure start doing gymnastics... followed by headache). I believe this is technically a camping cup which is why it has a spot to attach it via a chain or similar to the outside of a backpack. For my uses it will be in the medical bag I keep in my backpack but if you want to use it for camping this would be nice feature I can imagine.


The cup doesn't collapse down as far as I would like but it isn't very bulky and fits easily into my med kit. One thing I do not like about it is that, due to the fact that it is silicone, it isn't particularly well suited to hot liquids. I don't see myself needing to drink hot liquids from it but when I gave it a try at home it wasn't a pleasant experience. The cup itself doesn't suffer from the heat at all but it was too hot to hold so I would not use it for coffee or tea should you use it as a camping cup. I did like that it was very easy to clean and that I can toss it in the dishwasher should I want to. I don't foresee a need to do so as I can clean it in the sink in a few seconds and let it air dry but I like options.



All in all I like this cup but it isn't something I would purchase multiple of or take camping as my only cup since I like to drink hot tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Refresh/New Location

Hey guys! I've moved my blog over to Weebly for a restart (everything here is already moved over there!) and to expand the possibiliti...