Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Chronically Ill and Flying... with Dogs, Part Two: Packing Lists

I'm a huge list person... it's pretty much how I keep from forgetting half my life. Brain fog is a symptom of several of the issues that I have so being forgetful is pretty common, as is confusion from time to time.

Here is a post from my personal Facebook page that shows a bit of the confusion side:

"So I just wondered where the rain was coming from and how it was raining in just one small area of the parking lot... When I passed through about a second later I was like, sprinkler... It's a sprinkler Heather. Hello brain fog! Still not as bad as last week's trying to punch the office number into the floor buttons on the elevator. I was so confused when I got to the zero... At least those are funny incidents smile emoticon the worst is having to be so organized... all... the... time... so that I don't forget something. If I ever tell you I'll remember, call me a liar and wait 'till its in my calendar/lists. Till then its a nebulous maybe even with the best of intentions."

I organize my life currently with an App/Website called Cozi. I keep a To-Do list called "Vacation Packing List" and one called "Weekend Away Packing List" so that when it is time to pack I don't have to come up with a new list and forget something important. The only big difference between the two lists is how they are arranged as for a weekend away I need to pack dog food and pack everything for the pups separately as they will likely stay with my mom for the two days. When I travel on vacation, if it is more than a couple of days, I will need to buy food once I arrive and their items will be in my bags since they will be traveling with me. Clothing for all seasons are on the lists so I look through it before I start packing and check off things that I know I will not need. There is also a note for me to check my itinerary and the weather before finalizing my packing. You will also see items listed for my hair that I do not need any longer since my hair is quite short at the moment but I am leaving them there as it reminds me to check and see if there is anything in that drawer (my hair items drawer) that I should take for a specific outfit. I am sharing the lists below in case anyone else would like to utilize them... feel free to let me know if I've missed anything! When I am away if I find that I needed to pack something and forgot it I just pull up the app and add it right then and there so that I don't forget it the next time. This list is for when I am driving for the most part but for most people could be used for flying as well. I am working on a better organized version for flying to show how I separate between my carry-on and checked luggage. The difference you will see is mostly just in how it is organized but there are a few odds and ends I need only when I fly as well as a few duplicates that need to be in both my carry-on and checked bags just in case. Sooo... here's my current list!


VACATION PACKING LIST:
DOG ITEMS
Ball
Bowls
Leashes
Toys
Brush
Toothbrush
Sweater (If Winter)
Life Jackets (If Boating or Etc.)
Pup Pen
Paperwork/Records

TOILETRIES
Hair Ties and Headbands
Accessories and Jewelry as Needed
Brush
Shampoo and Conditioner
Toothbrush and Toothpaste
Soap
Deodorant
Lotion
Coconut Oil
Makeup
Essential Oils
Contacts and Glasses
Vitamins and Meds
Medical Bag/Kit

WORK/SCHOOL
Laptop (and Charging Cord)
Kindle
Book
Cords Bag
School Bag
Notebook

CLOTHES
Sweater
Jeans
PJs
Underwear
Bras
Socks
Tennis Shoes
Sweat Shirts
T­-Shirts
Workout Attire (Depending on Symptoms)
Nice Shirt
Slacks
Flats
Fuzzy Socks (Winter)
Coat (Winter)
Gloves (Winter)
Scarf (Winter)
Hat
Swim Suit (If Boating or Etc.)
*Check Weather and Itinerary Before Finalizing Bags

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Refresh/New Location

Hey guys! I've moved my blog over to Weebly for a restart (everything here is already moved over there!) and to expand the possibiliti...