Tuesday, August 11, 2015

BBQ Dry Rub Mix

Here is a quick and simple dry rub for some tasty BBQ. I will be using it in tomorrow's post to make Crock Pot BBQ Beef but it is great using other cooking methods as well. This is a staple on my household spice shelf... because, no lie, it is a whole shelf in my pantry. I love experimenting in the kitchen with my cooking so there are always a large variety of spice jars and mixtures lining my shelves at any given moment. As I already explained my reasons why I make a lot of my own spice mixtures, including rubs, at home in a previous post (saves money and there are no harmful additives or added sugar) I'll keep it short and sweet and just pass along the recipe. Happy cooking!

INGREDIENTS:
3/4 C paprika (I love the smoked kind myself)
1/2 C coconut sugar (optional)
1/2 C garlic powder
1/4 C sea salt
1/4 C onion powder
1/8 C black pepper
1/8 C white pepper
1/8 C chili powder
1/4 C seasoned salt
2 Tbsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp thyme
1 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp cumin 


PROCEDURE:
1. Mix all spices together well. You can use a spoon, a whisk, or (if you want a really fine powder that is more consistent) you can even use a Magic Bullet or other processor. 

2. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Refresh/New Location

Hey guys! I've moved my blog over to Weebly for a restart (everything here is already moved over there!) and to expand the possibiliti...