Sunday, August 2, 2015

Vanilla Cupcakes

Sometimes you just need a cupcake. It's a birthday or anniversary and you want to celebrate... or its just been one of those days and something sweet would just be perfect right about now. Cupcakes are pretty awesome I have to admit. A co-worker of mine has a daughter who is diagnosed Celiac so I thought I would try my hand at making her some vanilla cupcakes... without frosting unfortunately as my frosting still needs a lot of work. I started with vanilla because, honestly, I was out of chocolate in the house (wow... well I was craving sugar like crazy in my week off grains so I guess it's no surprise that the chocolate disappeared). This recipe makes a dozen cupcakes. I'll be experimenting with a variation of this recipe to make blueberry muffins in a few weeks once I'm done with the 21-Day Sugar Detox (Diane Sanfilippo).

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 C coconut flour
1/2 C coconut oil
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
6 eggs, large
4-6 Tbsp honey (I'm not a huge sweets fan most of the time so I do 4 Tbsp)
3 Tbsp vanilla extract

PROCEDURE:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix coconut flour, sea salt and baking soda in a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl mix the remainder of the ingredients.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients slowly.
5. Once everything has been fully mixed and the batter is smooth, pour batter into a greased cupcake pan. You can also use liners if you prefer, either paper or silicone.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cupcakes should be firm and golden. 
7. Allow to cool for at least one hour before frosting them.

Do you guys like the new link verses the amazon buttons? I want everyone to easily find the items I am discussing but I don't want the blog to end up overwhelmed with what look like shopping ads so I think I'll be going with this method unless I hear that the other way is preferred. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Refresh/New Location

Hey guys! I've moved my blog over to Weebly for a restart (everything here is already moved over there!) and to expand the possibiliti...