Sunday, August 16, 2015

Asian Inspired Shrimp and Zucchini Soup

I was flipping though the pages of 21 Day Sugar Detox and saw a soup that looked really tasty but unfortunately I didn't have all the ingredients to make it in the house. It was a Miso soup remake and I'll definitely make sure to try it soon but I didn't want to go shopping so I took the inspiration and made my own soup with things I already had in the house. It made an awesome lunch and there were enough left overs to add to my ready meal stock for the rest of the week (more on that in a future post). This recipe could easily be made in a crock pot- just put everything in at once and set it on low for 4-6 hours. The recipe below made 5 portions. Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:
36 oz Bone Broth (I used beef today because that is what I had on hand)
1 Tbsp coconut aminos
3 drops fish sauce
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 medium zucchini, diced
2 cloves garlic, diced
1 Tbsp parsley, dried (feel free to use fresh, I didn't have any on hand)
1/2 lb white mushrooms
1 lb cooked shrimp

PROCEDURE:
1. Bring the broth to a simmer with the coconut aminos and fish sauce in a large pot on the stove top.
2. Add all other ingredients to the pot.
3. Put the lid on the pot and turn the temperature to low. Allow the soup to simmer on low for about 30-45 minutes.

That's it... simple with very little hands-on time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Refresh/New Location

Hey guys! I've moved my blog over to Weebly for a restart (everything here is already moved over there!) and to expand the possibiliti...