Thursday, August 13, 2015

Baked Sweet Potato Slices

While I don't personally eat a lot of carbohydrates there are certainly times when I need a few more carbs (or just want some yummy sweet potatoes). When that is the case this is my go-to recipe! It is super simple and takes me very little hands-on time so that I can get on with doing other things before dinner time. 

INGREDIENTS:
sweet potatoes, whole
olive oil
sea salt

PROCEDURE: 
1. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Slice the sweet potato through to nearly the bottom (vertically). Continue cutting so that the slices will be very thin until you have an entire potato sliced but still connected along the bottom.

I was having a bit of trouble with a borrowed knife... you would ideally like for the slices to be thinner than in the photo.
3. Place the potato on a baking pan with a lip on it so that the oil does not drip onto the bottom of your stove.
4. Fan the slices a bit so that there is a little separation between them to catch the oil and salt.

5. Drizzle olive oil over the potato generously.
6. Sprinkle sea salt to taste over the oil. You can also add any other seasonings you may want at this time such as garlic or paprika... whatever you are in the mood for! I really enjoy a little garlic and sea salt.
7. Bake for about 30-40 minutes (this can vary depending on how thinly you slice your potatoes so please check on them periodically).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Refresh/New Location

Hey guys! I've moved my blog over to Weebly for a restart (everything here is already moved over there!) and to expand the possibiliti...